Thursday, May 22, 2014

Calm before the storm

You hear that?  Man, I love silence.  I'm sitting on my porch listening to birds and enjoying this perfect weather because I can.  But only for like 4 more days.

Summer is upon us and it's always bittersweet.  You see, summer is obvi the best season EVER but my work load quadruples.  There won't be much downtime but when there is, we will find water and submerge ourselves deeply.

Speaking of water! My girl got baptized last weekend.




I'm so proud of this kid it's crazy.  Her heart is precious.  She loves Jesus so deeply and I love watching her mature in her faith.  She's a keeper for sure.

As the recital storm approaches, I'm feeling excited to spend so much time with Holly! This is her first year to be in all SEVEN shows.  I'm going to be living it right there with her and I wouldn't want it any other way.  Also, Stella is scheduled to make an appearance during Mini show 1.  No promises on that one.  She's one monkey that is not amused by jumping on the bed.  She would rather assemble the blankets and pillows to their proper positions.

More on the recitals later.  Pinky promise.  Mostly because I haven't taken a single picture of Holly in her costumes this year.  Look out Russ and the backstage crew!

Until then, here's a pic of Holls in her new room. We still haven't hung her curtains or shelves above her bed but she doesn't seem to mind. :)




It's T-2 days till summer vacay and the Cobb kids are ready!  Sam has big plans to hit up all the town hot spots with friends.

When I say DOLLAR, you say GENERAL!

If you see a trail of middle school boys on bikes, that's probably where they're headed.

I've also decided to have a hand at coaching Gretna's High School dance team.  Because, why not?  Even though working 2 jobs is not m'jam, teaching and coaching talented girls IS!  Plus, I love hearing adorable words that I haven't heard in a solid decade like "home routine" and "fight song."  This is going to be so awesome.  I mean...I'm going to dance team camp this summer!  And then I'm going straight to Vegas.  (Insert emoji of lady in red dress, flying money, and crazy face) JK, it's a work trip.  Oh, West Coast Dance Explosion, how I've missed thee.

That's it for now, friends! Won't have much time for the blog this summer so if you want to follow the   quick and dirty version, find me on Instagram.  @missycobb

Happy Summer! It's gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment