Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Men

OMG I totally forgot to blog about Gage on his birthday!

April Fools.

You seriously think I would forget to toast to that stud?  I mean, I might be late but forget I will not.

Gage?  Since I'm throwing this sucker together on my phone and since I have zero pictures of you on it, the bar is set low.  However, as I sit in my eerily quiet new house and watch Stella walk around singing "Let it go" with a blanket tied around her neck like a cape, I'm thinking of all the reasons I'm grateful for you.  Holy Smokes there are a lot.

For example:

Thanks for giving our kids a shot at longer legs and better hair than I could give them.  Stella is freakishly tall for her age and it makes me super happy.  Cobb genes rule.

Also, thanks for moving me up in the alphabet.  I've never told you this but after being stuck in the middle for so many years, I feel really powerful being in the front and our kids rock that alphabetical order.  All props to you. C for life!

I'm also glad that you appreciate my daily wardrobe of leggings or sweats.  Comfort is key.  I used to think it was odd that you wanted to wear suits everyday but now that I'm older and wiser I think you're pretty fly for a white guy.

I also kinda dig your brain.  You're super smart and complicated and I find it attractive.  Thank you for literally knowing everything there is to know.

I love you and I like you.  No April foolin' there.

Happy (late) 33rd birthday, Sweets.

In related news: Sammy had a golden birthday on March 12th. I missed another GOLDEN blogging opportunity. Ba-dum-dum-CHING!

Anyway, he turned 12, we moved, he changed schools, he got a new room, he's making friends and loves his baseball team.  He's practically a teenager.  He's basically walking on water through life right now.

Here's a preview of his man cave:





We are still swimming in boxes around here so I'll be back when I can with more pics of this house that I frickin love.

Until then, Happy Birthday to my other Sweets!
Aunt Kenzie, we love you and your unborn child!!! 🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment