This last 15 months of our lives have been full of memories. I'm so thankful to have created such times with one of my favorite families ever. The last few days I've been reminiscing the with kids and asked each of them individually what they will miss the most. Here are their answers:
Sammy: Minnie Jo
Holly: Minnie Jo
Stella: Mayzie and Doc McStuffins (?)
Melrose: Playing with Holly
Mayzie: Sammy's room. Cuz I like to play with his toys.
By 'play with his toys' she means 'eat his chapstick.' I just love that all of their answers involve each other. You should also know that Minnie Jo has been the house MVP every month for roughly 10 months now. We'll pay for her counseling when we move out.
Months ago, my roomies and I talked about writing down the highlights of the circus situation but we never got around to it so I'll share what I can remember. Trust me there were PLENTY of share worthy stories.
1. The Christmas flu. If anyone is wondering how long it takes the flu bug to pass through a house of 11 people, the answer is approximately 2 months. If you get it first, don't get too excited that you are "getting it over with" because the chances of it making its way back to you are extremely high. I will never look at pile of stuffed animals the same after Marlow spent hours building a Utopian Society only to have Melrose barf all over it.
2. That time Mandy came home from the store with puppy chow and mike said we are having a CAU party. (Only my fellow cougars will get that one).
3. Watching Stella and Mayzie play frozen and forcing MJ to be Olof The Happy Snowman. I'm going to have to learn how to "do the magic" as good as Mayzie does when Stella starts shouting for it to be done.
4. On black Friday when Holly, while looking through ads, caught one on fire from a candle. She started bawling and uncle Mike said "Holly don't get so FIRED up." Followed by Gage saying "it was just a really HOT deal." She was caught somewhere between tears and laughter but we all had a good laugh remembering that one.
5. That time LITTLE boys pants appeared in the house and Melrose wrapped them up for Sam for his birthday.
6.Anytime Stella calls Mayzie her cousin, her sister, AND her best friend. Mayzie is her everything.
I'll just let you awe in that picture and spare you the details of the time they flooded the bathroom or cracked a whole carton of eggs on the garage floor one by one. I'll also omit all the times they clawed eachother's faces over nightgowns.
Our new house is 100% exciting but our gratitude is twice as strong. Since the Mixan Girl Quartet earned the first sleepover at the Cobb Cabana, it should be a semi easy transition. It has to be. All of last week Melrose said she couldn't even look at Stella without crying and last night she couldn't go to bed because she was "craving" a hug from her.
Oh, these girls (and dude). I love them so!