Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One year ago

One year ago I had 2 elementary age kids and a baby.

Now I'm the mother of a middle schooler. He's dangerously close to his teen years and my anxiety is creeping in. All while zero signs of babyhood remain in Stella.

One year ago I was so nervous that Holly wanted to audition for the very elite company at Nebraska Dance. I didn't think she was ready and my heart was already in pieces.

Now she gets to be a part of the amazing new program, Core, for 3rd and 4th grade.  She loves every single second she's at dance and has made lifelong friendships I could only dream of having at her age.




One year ago Stella was barely talking. She didn't string words together to form sentences and she was incredibly shy.

Now she is the house tattletale. Or as Aunt Mandy calls her, "the house reporter." Which is really just a nice way to say tattletale.  Her voice is loud and deep and she tattles talks all the time.  Her raspy deep voice is my favorite thing in the whole world.  Even if she does "report" our every move.



One year ago Sammy wanted to play every sport  possible. He couldn't get enough. Football, basketball, baseball, cross country, golf, swimming. He wanted to do it all and didn't understand why he couldn't.

Now he wants to be playing baseball 365 days out of the year.  He's committed to doing what he needs to so he can play baseball through high school. It warms my heart (and my schedule) to watch him mature into such a cool kid.


Has anyone seen the baby on that mug?

One year ago I had two crazy funky SINGLE little sisters.

Now I have a brand new bro and get to share the wonderful journey of marriage alongside one of those funky gals.  #staylittleforeverred





One year ago I didn't know what 2013 would bring. We were open to pretty much anything and gave up everything.   We positioned ourselves to prosper and asked God to do his best work in us.

Now I'm confident in 2014. I see changes and  blessings and  a stronger Cobb mob.  Now as God starts to reveal direction to our future that we couldn't have planned better ourselves, we couldn't be more ready.  NO I AM NOT PREGNANT.

We are eternally grateful for the last year of our lives. Potentially the most significant year we've ever lived.  We will always ALWAYS look back on 2013 and smile. It's was a journey God always intended to take us on. It was an adventure. We are now prepared to take in all of 2014 with humbled hearts. My eyes well up with tears even now just thinking about Gods work in us.

Happy new year to you! Happy new year to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment