Monday, November 18, 2013

Impressed

Hi Omaha!!! I'm writing because I'm super proud of us today.  We have a spectacular city that keeps getting better and this past weekend was arguably one of the best I've ever had.

The Gretna outlet mall has opened for business and it's amazing.  It's been open for 4 days now, I've already made 2 trips there and have bought a total of zero things.  Never mind the fact that the lines were so long to GET INSIDE the stores, I saw lots of other people buying great things!  I'll totally be back and promise to contribute to the revenue.  I heard the mall made over 1million the first day!  Go O! (G).



What's even cooler than that?  The dinner detective!  Gage and I went to the Dinner Detective on Saturday night and it was FOR SURE the best date we've ever had.  It is exactly what its sounds like and my face hurt from laughing.  Once you get past the police tape and sit at your table, you write down a fake name on your name tag and TRUST NO ONE.  You have no idea if the people at your table are dinner guests or actors.  There is a fake murder, comedy, and prizes.  There is only one official winner of the entire game because they have to guess both the killer AND the motive (which I never did fully understand).  The clues were complicated....bank statement's, social security cards, office memos, ect.  It was intense.  Gage AKA Stefano loved that part.  It was also funny.   Missy AKA Marlena loved that part.

It should come as no surprise when I tell you that the ONE winner was Gage Stefano.    His prize was a full DVD series of Alfred Hitchcock which coincidentally he DVR's, a rad coffee mug, and most importantly:  a ticket to come back!  We talked about how much fun it was all day Sunday.  Bravo, Omaha.



If you're not into that type of thing, it may just be that my appreciation for the script at Dinner Detective was heightened because I am currently determined to watch every single episode of Scandal in record time.  I didn't even watch Grey's Anatomy last week because I was too distracted by Fitz and Olivia's forbidden love.  I think I'm succeeding.

In summary, go to the Nebraska Crossing Outlets, you will not be disappointed but you WILL stand in line.  And when looking for a fun date, make reservations for The Dinner Detective.  Be sure to bring a date that loves to laugh and is either:
1. A lawyer or 2. obsessed with murder mysteries

Have a happy Monday!
Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment