Sunday, August 11, 2013

Summer's end

It's the last night of summer and even though this is easily my favorite season, I'm not sad to see it go. It's been the busiest one to date and I can hardly wait to have a schedule again. I want a reliable routine and kids that are exhausted by 9pm.



The majority of Sammy's summer was used up playing baseball.  His season with Ralston had it's highs and lows, but he was fully committed to another year until he was offered a spot with a Gretna team. He was torn for a few days but in the end, we believe he made the right choice to play for Gretna.  Next year he will be playing with some old friends and coaches.  And, of course, by next year I mean in a few months when the season starts. 

Until then, Football season is in full swing.  After rally day yesterday, mama's little linebacker is in a 3 way tie for the smallest on the team.  Already better than last year where he was drastically smaller than all the rest. It amazes me how much Sammy loves football.

As for school starting tomorrow, I'm a 50/50 split of excited and devastated that Middle School has arrived.



Holly managed to make her summer a blast as expected.  Just saying her name brings a huge smile to my face.  I've been so proud of Holly all summer with her commitment to her very intense dance schedule. She's pumped for 3rd grade and even more excited to welcome Melrose to Willowdale this year!



We took the kids on our second annual end of summer trip to KC for Oceans of Fun and back to school shopping. We may as well have been in Disney World the whole time because my little tourist, Holly, said it felt like a dream. She took 472 pictures on her iPod.  After a few days in KC, we drove to Lyons to fish with Gages family.  Holly owned that fish pond.  I just love her love for life.  She's a total keeper.




Stella Rose has been my biggest challenge this summer. She is sassy and stubborn and moves slower than molasses.  Except when she climbs out of her crib when she is suppose to be sleeping.  She really picks up the pace in that scenario.  Also, when she is taking her diaper off when it's full of stuff that I would rather not have on the floor.  I only feel about 20% bad that I haven't potty trained her yet even though she has practically begged me.  Perhaps I will feel more motivated when the schedule quiet downs.  Maybe.  No promises.



I guess I'm not sad to see summer go because it didn't feel like summer at all.  I blinked and it was gone.  Be good to us, 2013.2014.  We have HIGH hopes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment