Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy 2nd birthday, Stella!

Today my baby turns 2.  I forgot what a fun age this is.  As her personality comes through more each day, I fall deeper in love with her.  She's the funniest OCD, perfectionist, clean freak, mature little toddler I've ever seen.  She loves to laugh (especially at "Zizi" - that's what she calls Mayzie) but she is not often the one doing the entertaining.  Ironically enough, I am HIGHLY entertained by her quiet lonesome form of play.  She doesn't seem to miss a beat, even though she is a gal of few words.  She likes to tell me to "bucko" (buckle) if I forget to put my seat belt on and is quite a joy to watch eat.  As long as you have PLEN-TY of time to do it.  She don't like to rush. She is so great.




It's been a while since I've blogged about Stella so I feel like there is so much I could say about her.  First of all, she loves her siblings and her cousins an equal amount.  Mandy's kids feel like siblings to mine and I am already nervous for the Mayzie withdrawal Stella will endure we when move.  She doesn't even like to take a nap without her.  They are both talking so much now and their convo's are perfectly hilarious.  Each and every one.  Mayzie is a clown and Stella is her best audience.  Stella is a miniature mother and Mayzie likes to be her baby.  They are peas and carrots.




For the last 2 years, Stella has done nothing but fill our lives with even more joy.  She is so special to us and we are all obsessed with her.   Holly laughs at her all the time and Sammy LIVES to teach her new "tricks."  She pretty much has Gage wrapped around her finger and she is more than I ever prayed for.  In the best way possible. 


She insisted on this buddy shot with her favorite child.  Although I had matching bows for her sleeves, she HATED them on her shirt and wanted them in Elmo's "hair" instead.  What birthday girl wants, birthday girl gets. 
But only today.

Walking through the tall grass was quite a stretch for this girly chic.




The best way to describe Stella's personality is through this series of pictures that were taken for her "cake smash."  I put those words in quotes because that cake was far from smashed.  I don't know why I was surprised....



SOOO excited to see her cake


Until we told her she could put her finger in it


She wasn't a fan of the mess


We convinced her it was okay and told her to pick it up (such a good listener)


After she requested a utensil, we told her to just take bite without a "poon" (spoon)


See Stells?  Mother knows best.  I'ts frosting.  Told ya.


Going in for another


And promptly telling us she was done.  The #2 still perfectly in tact.
 Did that series not properly illustrate my little angel?  Perhaps this next one will...

My genius idea (stolen from Pinterest) of taping balloons to the wall:



She LOVED the balloon wall and didn't try once to take them down.  She appreciated their beauty


Until I sprinkled confetti on the ground and awoken her OCD


She kindly asked me to remove the "parkles" (sparkles)


When I told her it was okay, she was not as easily convinced as she was with the frosting.  At least the frosting tasted good.  There is NOTHING cool about tiny things being stuck to your bare feet.


She was straight up disgusted.  I mean, look at those hands!


And the toes!  Trying so hard not to touch the "parkles."  I was dying.


Way to ruin a fun photo shoot, mom


So I put the Diva on her magic carpet per her request


Oh, Stella.  Be still my heart.


Stella Rose-

Today is your 2nd birthday!  Two years ago you were born on 5/6 and you weighted 5lb 6oz.  Nothing is a coincidence, little one.  God did that.  He knit you together in my womb and planned out your entire life before that day.  He knows how many hairs on your head and has had more thoughts about you than the grains of sand in the whole world.  He knew that your precious personality would bless me personally and that you being a "daddy's girl" had changed your daddy forever.  He knew Holly desperately wanted a sister and that Sammy would take such pride in teaching you new things.  He blessed you with a best friend for life in Mayzie and purposely created you two to compliment each other in all the right ways.  The last 2 years of my life have been some of the greatest ever.  I love watching you grow up and can't wait to find out all that God has in store for your amazing life!  Happiest of all days, Stella girl!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment