Monday, January 7, 2013

Reality

It's back to reality this week.  I'm sad to say goodbye to winter break.  Real life means it's back to school, back to work, back to alarm clocks, back to the grocery store 5 days a week.  This just means that it's that much closer to summer, right?

Right!

I think my favorite part of our break is always watching my kids be together 24/7.  While this scenario tends to pose a few risks, they really do love each other.  Sam and Holly are a great team and excellent second set of parents to their little sister.  Sammy is such a classic case of a firstborn.  Holly and Stella melt my heat when they (rarely) play together.  I can't remember if I have said this before or not, but I LOVE SISTERS!!!

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned it.

Holly, Stella, Samantha, Kit, and Ruthie enjoying winter break


Maybe it's the love I have for my own sisters that makes Holly and Stella's relationship that much sweeter.  I could never live without my sisters.  They are such a huge part of who I am.  Since I live with Mandy right now, I'm being reminded every day how much her and I depend on each other.  We are as close to being the same person as 2 people can be. 

For example:  right now we are depending on each other to be accountable to our morning workouts.  If she wasn't waiting for me in the living room every morning, you better believe I would be avoiding Sean T and his impossible Insanity videos at all costs.

My sister Mackenzie just got engaged and I am more excited for her wedding plans than I ever remember being for my own.  That may have had something to do with the fact that I was 20 and let my mom do all the planning, but I like to believe it's because I just love Mackenzie THAT much.

My sister Makayla consumes my thoughts the most.  I love her so much and want her life to be amazing.  Not just ordinary, but truly spectacular.  She's the baby (even though she's totally a woman now) and I pray for her the same way I pray for my own kids.   I know God has plans for Makayla that exceeds all our expectations, but I still want to put her in a bubble sometimes.

My sister-in-law, Betty, just gave birth to my NEPHEW!!!  Since Betty and I are only a few days apart in age, it's extra fun to be a mom with her.  I can't wait till her and my bro move their cute little family to Omaha.  As much as it totally sucks to have not met baby Wyatt yet, I already love him so much!  After 7 straight girls in our family, we are happy to see some blue!


I think I recognize those cheeks, Wyatt!  Pipsqueak gets lots of compliments on them.

So far, 2013 feels pretty good.  I guess I don't mind reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment