Tuesday, December 18, 2012

More change

Wow, I've missed blogging!  I have so much to say that I apologize in advance if this post seems a bit scatter brained.  This month has quite possibly been the busiest month I've ever had. Top 5 for sure.  I have a new baby niece which has brought major excitement to our family and also made the time fly! After staring at Mandy's belly for 3 straight weeks, she's finally here and we all can't stop kissing on her.  Plus I hear Christmas is less than a week away.  Oh, and we moved.

Don't get too excited.  We are in a temporary living situation right now.  After some serious prayer, we were convinced that renting our house would be a great investment for us rather than selling it. We were hesitant for quite a while but when we found an amazingly perfect family, the pieces all started to fall into place easier than we could have ever hoped.  Even though I haven't known our renters for long, I seriously love them. Their kids already ride the bus to our neighborhood school and the kids' grandma lives one block over. I love a grandma in walking distance!

It's a good feeling to know that God's plan has trumped yours.  It's an even better feeling to know that he's always listening to your hearts quietest prayers.  When, in the midst of the busiest time of year, he reminds you how much he loves you in the sweetest ways.



Minnie Jo's one week photo shoot.  I know.  She's one week old.  She practically winked at me when I took this picture.

Today, I scheduled a 2 hour window to finish my Christmas shopping along with a laundry list of annoying errands.  I mapped out my destinations and strapped Stella in the car with tippy cup in hand.  I was driving for all of 5 minutes when I get a call from my kids' school informing me that I have a sick kiddo in the health room.  As easy as it could have been to be frustrated in that moment, I felt nothing but joy that I am able to go pick up my sick kid. I happily made a U turn, hugged my pale girl, and took her home to nurse her back to health.

I'm thankful and humbled this Holiday season.  Even though Gage and I are not quite ready to make
the major purchase of our "forever home" we are thankful for our temporary living situation.  We are SUPER excited about our rental investment and equally excited to power through student loans while we live for free for the next few (?) months.

Oh, I'm sorry did I forget to mention where we are living?

Just here:





Mixan, party of 11.  Home of constant noise and where paper plates are your best friend. 


No biggie.  We are living with my sister, her husband and their four children. Totaling 11 people. We turned their basement into a 2 bedroom apartment and even though we have only been there a few days, the kids are having the time of their life.  We have no idea how long we will be there yet but I promise it's temporary and I also promise to keep you entertained along the way.  It all depends on

A. How addicted we get to saving money
B. Whenever we get the itch to start house hunting
C. How much longer it takes Mayzie to pull every hair out of Stella's head
D. How many more black and white movies Mike and Gage force us to watch


Either way, we have an exciting and wild ride ahead. I'm pumped about our future and grateful beyond grateful for my crazy family. 





hange

No comments:

Post a Comment