Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful

Every year I love Thanksgiving more.  Every year I have even more to be thankful for.  Also, every year I become more aware of God's blessings.  I'm going to tell myself that's spiritual maturity.  I saw something on Pinterest the other day about Thankfulness put into prospective and it hit home. 

For example:  I'm thankful for all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.




We have had a VERY eventual month this November and it's been filled with fun crap.  Sammy had his football banquet and was given the award for "defensive player of the year" for his team.  Made his year.  He earned that SOB. 


What's Thanksgiving without a little football?
Thankful:  I'm thankful for my shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.


 

To add to the November fun, Aunt Kayla ran in a 10 mile race with her fellow IBEX students and we ran with to support her.  Okay, so we only did the 3 mile race.  Sam ran and I mostly walked/jogged.  The Great Sambino actually ran those 3 miles in 24 minutes.  He came in 2nd place for his age group of kids under 19.  He was, by far, the youngest.  Stud.



Thankful:  I'm thankful for the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

Uncle Tommy and Aunt Betty are in town with the Pipsqueak and we have had a blast hanging out with them.  Lots of sleepovers, family dinners, and non stop laughing.  We hate when they leave.


Sucks huh, Pip?
Thankful:  For the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat. 


Thanksgiving day was super as always.  Yummy food, great company, and a mean game of DICE!  I don't know why I am always so entertained by the competitiveness of the Mickells crew but it never gets old.  I have a funny family.

All the winnings went to Lincoln this year
Thankful:  For the huge piles of laundry and ironing because it means that my loves ones are nearby.


Well, that's it folks.  That concludes my November blogging.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I would never leave you hanging about Black Friday!

I had no intentions of fighting the Target/Walmart crowds this year.  However, Sammy talked me into going to Target with him when they opened at 9pm.  (By the way...really, Target? 9pm? Don't you think that's taking it a little too far?  Don't get me wrong, I'm going but I'm not happy about it)

Anyway,we showed up at 8:30 so he could get a taste of waiting in line.  We had no specific plans so when I saw a toy I could justify getting for Stella, we headed for the checkout.  When we saw the line to pay, I put it down and we ran for the car laughing.  That is one hour of my life I will never get back. 

I then hit the outdoor mall with my sisters and we scored big time.  Mandy even bought a newborn outfit for her bambino to wear home from the hospital.  Possibly her first newborn purchase ever.  I've trained her well.  'Bout flippin' time.


Aunt Kenzie fell asleep at the checkout. 

Sammy and I headed to his favorite store, Scheels, at 6:30 to await their 7am opening.  We were 2nd in line after scoring front row parking.  We busted in those doors and started buying Nike dri-fit clothes likes the world was ending.  We were first in line at the checkout.  Boom.  That's how you do it, folks.

Two points

Thankful: For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I'm alive.


Now, it's officially Christmas time.  I've started my shopping and this little shit is back in our house:


Welcome back, Little Tom

Happy Holidays, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment