Monday, August 20, 2012

15 Months

**Bragging alert** 

(To my sister, Mandy, mother of 3 1/2 babies: you might want to skip this one.  Just saying)

It's been a while since I've given an update on my (nearly perfect) baby.  Now that the kids are back in school, I just sit at home with my ONE child and watch her come up with creative ways to entertain herself.  She's pretty good at it too.  Obviously, her favorite thing to do is play with her BFF, Jarjar.  He lets her do whatever she wants.  Like, brush him repeatedly while laughing, feed him his food one piece at time, pull on his tail, squeeze the living daylights out of him, poke his eyes,  or cover him up with blankets.   You name it, she's tried it.  As much as I don't like Jarjar, I will say that he's been a great playmate for Stella and he's always a good sport about it.  Way to take one for the team, Jar.



Stella's second favorite thing to do while the big kids are at school is to put on fashion shows for me.  She LOVES dressing herself.  We've already touched on her obsession with shoes, but she also loves ALL clothing including and especially socks.  Since she is indeed only 15 months old, she pretty much never gets the clothes put on correctly.  Which makes it that much more hilarious.  She does tend to get a little frustrated with herself after a while but refuses to give up.  Here's a video for you to enjoy.  Lord knows we have been enjoying it around the Cobb household!

video

Stella is also trying very hard to talk.  She babbles all day long.  She still melts my heart every time I hear her say "mama."  She loves to say "ball" and tires so hard to say "Holly."  She is even starting to put two words together.  She says "Hi Stella" and "Uh Oh" and "No No Jarjar" and I swear yesterday she said "my blanket."  Okay, maybe that was me.  I can't remember.




Here, you will find her up to no good in her room.  This is before she pulled all the clothes out of her drawers and begun the daily fashion show, but AFTER she dragged the blanket in there, wrapped herself in it and began taking pictures of herself on that Ipod.  When I walked in she said "cheeeeeeese!"



When Stella was 10 Months I listed her stats, so I thought 15 months would be a good update:

*Continues to sleep 10-12 hours at night (and gets mad when I wake her for school)
*Favorite foods are bananas, asparagus, tofu  (and goldfish crackers)
*Super girly and loves to carry babies and purses (and make messes)
*Walks or runs everywhere she goes (and makes us push her in her wagon constantly)
*Still only has 4 teeth but her hair is starting to grow! (not long enough for a hair clip)
*VERY cuddly and loves giving hugs and kisses (we even love the wet sloppy ones (that taste like goldfish crackers))

We are not sure where the blonde hair comes from but we all like it and hope it stays.  It's fun that it's getting longer, especially for Gage for some reason.  He thinks it's funny to part and comb it after she takes a bath.  Sammy and Holly call her 'Steven' when she has her parted hair-do.  Stella doesn't mind looking like a boy every now and then because she LOVES when people laugh at her.  No idea where she gets that from.



I'm not telling you what is in her mouth

Back to school has been pretty much awesome for Stella and myself.  Whoever said ONE is the loneliest number is crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment