Friday, April 27, 2012

Has anyone seen my precious baby?

I'm blogging today out of straight confusion.  11.75 months ago I gave birth to a perfect baby girl that absolutely captured my heart!  I love talking about Stella and writing down all the funny and cute things she does.  I REALLY love taking pictures of her and posting them all over the Internet.  She's pretty amazing.  However, we have finally reached that point in Stella's life where she has eased out of the state of perfection and stumbled into toddler-hood.  I'm not excited about this faze of life AT. ALL.  This week I have found myself wondering more often than not, where is my baby!?!?!?!?





Oh, here she is!



This chic is so much like her brother it scares me.  Sammy was a kid (still is) that makes you want to pull your hair out.  He has matured so much in the last year but he has always been my challenger.  I DARE you to tell him the sky is blue.  When he was 2, we took an amazing parenting class called "Growing Kids God's Way."  If you haven't heard of it, google it.  It must be taken by all!  It helped us young folk learn how to deal with a kid like Sam.  Honestly, we didn't have to use too many of the tactics with Holly because she was (still is) so easy going.  Now, here I am, frantically trying to remember what we learned 8 years ago because we so desperately need skills to parent miss Stella.  She's a hot head like her brother.  She knows right from wrong.  That's the good (bad?) part.   She knows what "no" means and gets a little bit of thrill from hearing me say it.  Sometimes I think she looks at me and is thinking "watch this sucka!"

I'm just now starting to slip out of the state of denial that I have been in for a week.  My baby is now a toddler.  In every meaning of the word.  Seriously!?  I just wanted her to be a baby a little longer.  Like couldn't she have at least waited a full year!? 






Nope!


She throws full blow tantrums.  She also is entertained by hitting.  She prefers to yell, specifically at me, rather than use sign language or words.  Changing her diaper makes me wish I was never born.  It usually takes 3 of us to hold her down.  Putting her in her car seat can often be dangerous because she flails like a fish out of water.  I have almost dropped her on the concrete twice.

Remember when life was simple?



Well, those days are over.




Of course, she is very smart.  Another reason she reminds me of her brother.  Scary smart.  I kinda liked my average, laid back baby Holly and was really hoping for another like that.  Nope.  I got was blessed with another Gage Sammy.  Stella makes my heart so happy and I love her so so much.  She will be difficult at times, yes, but I wouldn't change one thing about her.  She is going to keep me on my toes at all times (just like Sam) and that's okay.  Truth be told, I could use someone keeping me on my toes.  I tend to be a little spacey (stop laughing mom!) and not pay attention to important details.  I'm sill working out the kinks of juggling 5 schedules.  Perhaps God knew that giving me a kid like Stella would force me to 'look alive' at all times. 




It's also okay to miss my newborn though.  Right?  My sweet, peaceful, and perfect newborn. 




It would be so nice if my whole life was just one big funny and happy blog.  This here is real life.  Oh I so desperately hope that I'm not the only one that has an 11month old terrible two!  Supportive comments are welcomed below.  Please?

Birthday blog is next!

5 comments:

  1. Second time around with a "spirited" child will be cake! At least it's not your first rodeo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smile makes everything all worth it..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though Theo is still a baby I feel like I know what you mean- I mean, you want them to grow up (kinda) but each new milestone feels like you are leaving those sweet baby days behind and it's SO hard.. .trying to cherish every minute and knowing that blogging helps to capture all the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, you are doing a great job and Stella is just spirited because she has a special call on her life! The Lord trusted you to be her mom because he knows you can mold her like no one else can... trust yourself and enjoy her (diaper changing may not be one of the best moments ;) )

      Delete