Monday, March 5, 2012

Krazy K

I had plenty of friends in High School.  I guess you can say I did my best (?) to keep in touch but I kinda sucked at it.  Facebook doesn't count. Of all the friends that have come and gone there is ONE that is worth blogging about. 

Kristine Kaipust Parsons.  AKA Krazy K.  Krissy is my longest running BFF.  Sixteen years and counting.  In high school we called her Krazy K.  Why?  Because she wore a wife beater with her dickies and carried guns.  I might be exaggerating but you get the idea.

From the outsider looking in at our friendship, her gangsta lifestyle was a bad influence on my goody two-shoes self.  She's the gal who's shit-list I would never want to be on but would bend over backwards for the people she loves.

Krissy and I had two COMPLETELY different groups of friends.  She didn't like mine and I was scared of hers.  She was (is) a year older than me so we were able to pull this off rather smoothly.  Plus, she was always willing to ditch Tech-nine Tiff for me.

I was as girly as a girl can be.  I will never know what she saw in me at that GHS baseball game in 8th grade that made her decide to make me a life long friend.  I just knew not to question it.   We have made more memories than I can count.  Our friendship is solid.  Even when I went away to college and started making "new" friends, Krazy told me straight up I couldn't get rid of her.  I appreciated that.  We got married a month apart and were in each other's weddings.

Every time I see Krissy, I leave giggling.  It's because even though she is an amazing mom and successful business woman, she is still Krazy K at heart.  She still enjoys dropping an occasional F-bomb and I still say "F-bomb."

Krissy, I literally peed my pants looking through old pictures today and that's what inspired this post.  I may regret this but they are way to funny to not share....




Why on God's great earth did we think this was cool!?!?!?







I'm so embarrassed for us right now






Happy Graduation day!  What the hell am I going to do now!?




Oh, I know!  How about you come to my senior Homecoming and we take pictures together!?
LYLAS, OMG, BFF,  LOL, KIT.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. But, you need the thug life picture of her and Tiff in Ms. Mourning's classroom to accurately represent what we all feared. If you don't know what I am talking about, you need to find it. I also was scared to death of being on her "shit-list." Good thing I was lucky to have been best barbie friends forever with Krazy K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post. How is Krissy doing? We had so much fun working together the one summer she did NDA Staff:)

    ReplyDelete