Monday, February 6, 2012

A Real American Hero

My bro. Tommy 'the machine gun' Mickells. He's a real superhero. No jokes here. Everyone that knows him knows he's one of the coolest people to ever live. He is tougher than nails and has muscles bigger than Texas. He's got the driest humor (my personal favorite kind of humor) in town. He may not smile a whole lot but he wouldn't hurt a fly. Except when he sometimes eats flies. Funny, huh?

He went into the Air Force after High School and that was super cool of him. What's even cooler than that? Being a Combat Controller for the Air Force. He is the equivalent to a Navy Seal. He started CC school with over 200 people and graduated with 11. Stud. The end.







They don't sell those red berets at the BX.


Today my brother deploys for 3 months. He has deployed twice with the air force already but never as a Controller. (is it okay if I abreve it to 'controller?') He has trained for 3 years for this day. He has hundreds of thousands and probably millions of dollars in government funding wrapped up in his training. For this day. He is 100 percent ready to fight for nothing but his Country. He knows exactly what he needs to do to push past the physical and emotional pain of leaving his family behind. He has tunnel vision for the United States of America. He has no idea what kind of contact he will have with his family until he gets there but he's still focused.
Tommy Gun only fights in the ring.










Sometimes I think about what horrible things must go on that we don't know about. We can't deny the fact that there are TONS of Americans still deployed and fighting for us on a daily basis. Selfless heroes. I am one proud sister and American today to say that someone as amazing as my little (although much bigger than me) brother is one of those people. He is a real hero and I have no doubt that he is going to witness and be a part of horrible things. However, on top of that government funding and intense training I know God will be surrounding him at all times. There are so many people who love Tommy that there may literally be someone praying for him every moment of those 3 months.

My brother is not competitive and he's not prideful. I once heard that the reason so few people actually succeed in Special Forces is because they are in it for their ego and they want to be the best. Tommy just loves his country. That's why he succeeded and that's why he's ready for this. That's exactly the kind of person I want fighting for me.

Now Tommy Gun, get the bad guys and get your a@@ home!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Good job Miss your blogs are awesome, can't wait to be home with everyone, and your right everyone will be praying for him and his family while there and for a safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Missy and this is pretty much an awesome read.. Your blogs get better and better all the time...Yesterday I could not get through reading it but today I did and I love it..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Betty! We are basically thinking about you constantly around here and praying the time goes fast! Give Pipsqueak a squeeze for me!

      Delete