Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stell the Rose

Not bragging is going to be MUCH harder when talking about my perfect baby Stella Rose. She is only 8 months old and therefore, has yet to do any wrong. Stella has been sleeping through the night about 12-14 hours since she was 4 weeks old, she loves her home-made fruits and veggie baby food, she started speed crawling when she was a little over 6 months, pulls herself up to stand anywhere she can, watches Baby Einstein likes it's going out of style, and loves loves loves her family! Told ya she was perfect.

Stella has brought more joy to our family than I could ever explain. We worked hard for this one. We were ready this time. Not that we weren't ready the first two times. It's just that...well...we weren't ready. After having 2 miscarriages, there was a hole in my heart that could only be filled with Stella. Of course, I didn't know something as amazing as her was coming my way so I couldn't quite put my finger on that constant ache in my heart. Sometimes it caused me to cry out of the blue and I couldn't explain why. I could have pooped my pants at any given second out of fear for the entire 9 months of my pregnancy. It was a ROUGH pregnancy too! I'm not even going to go there. (you da man Dr. Kuyper!)

When Stella was born I found myself crying a lot again. Okay, if you know me, you know that this is not that rare of a thing but let me explain. Even though I can cry at the drop of a dime, these tears were different. I could just look at her and they would fall down my face. I didn't even get that lump in my throat that I have got so good at swallowing. I wasn't even given a chance to say "no" when Gage asked me "are you crying?" I literaly could look at her and FEEL the Love of God. Her perfect little self that was really mine was like God giving me a giant hug and saying "this is how much I love you." Tears. Lots of them.



Everyday with Stella gets sweeter and sweeter. I love watching her amazing big bro take care of her and the way Holly treasures the little sister she begged God for. I love hearing Gage say "I miss Stella" when she's sleeping and seeing how excited she gets to see each and every one of us. Every milestone she hits is bittersweet. Half of me is screaming STOP GROWING when the other half is cheering CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT IS NEXT!

Our family was pretty darn happy before. Stella is just the icing on the cake. Really yummy icing.

If you like baby videos:
My little baby comedian lives to make people laugh. She knows exactly how to do it and enjoys it very much. Therefore, I give you, Stella's new trick. We call it the excited baby shake. I don't know if the video will do justice to what is seriously the most hillarious part of the Cobb Mobb's life right now. When she gets excited she makes tight fists and shakes while holding her breath. (you can picture it) In case I haven't mentioned before, Stella is a VERY happy baby and gets excited a lot. I.E. funniest part of our life.

2 comments:

  1. Missy! I'm so sorry about your miscarriages. Stella was def worth the wait! she is perfect. thanks for sharing about her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I sure miss you!!!!! Wish I was still around NE...So fun to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete