Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pick your battles

Some days I just want to scream. I'm sure every mom feels this way. At least that's what I tell myself and I will continue to do so even if I'm wrong. I could seriously drive myself crazy if I let every little thing get to me. Holly likes to pick out some wack outfits. Matching is for the birds. Patterns and textures and colors oh my! That's how she rolls.



Sammy likes to wear sweatpants and sweatshirts. Period. Jeans are for losers and coats for the weak.


Now onto my poor innocent baby. Mommy left her for almost the whole weekend. Last weekend was all about Holly and her big performance so Stella spent lots of one on one with daddy. Gage is a great dad and loves his baby so so much. The weekend went swimmingly except for one minor detail. Mommy forgot to lay out Stella's clothes before she left for the day. Nothing screams MY MOM IS GONE like a Halloween outfit in January. I wish I could stop at that sentence but it gets a little worse. Babies grow like weeds and obviously Stella is no longer wearing 3-6 month clothing like she was in October. What used to be pants are now capris. Orange and black striped ones with a pumpkin on the butt. However, you cannot see the pumpkin because he put the onesie OVER her pants.




If anyone can pull this look off it's you Stella Rose.

I have to choose my battles or I will loose my mind. Coming home at 10pm from a long night at work to a house that is just short of a tornado or Holly "forgetting" to brush her teeth before school. These problems are minor in the big picture. I only get minor panic attacks when I think about how I'm going KC this weekend. Alone. Without my family. Like I said, Gage is a great dad and I know my kids will be loved and taken care of. However, the details that daddy's tend to not notice give me minor panic attacks. Will Holly brush her hair? Will Sam remember his water for his basketball game? Will Stella have season appropriate clothing on her body? Breathe. Breathe.


Maybe a weekend away with some of my favorite dancers is just what this mama needs.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am reading this at work and just laughed so hard out loud! I love it! Men are pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete