Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Great Sambino

My only son, Sammy, is going to be 10 in March. Double digits. I realize how rediculous that sounds when I typed it out. I already know that I look young, too young, but I understand that I will continue to hear it for many more years, so I just grin and bear it.

Don't worry, I'm not going to use this blog to brag about my only son. I could, and that would be fun, but I won't. This here is the cold hard truth.

I had Sammy when I was 19. Boom! There it is. I was 19. I didn't ask for a baby and I was, quite honestly, very ashamed that I was having one. I had 3 people very close to me at the time that longed to be a mother and would have given anything to be pregnant. Knife in my heart. And theirs.

I had an incredibly supportive family and one really awesome baby daddy. So 10 years later, here I am, I have a little boy in my life that I would die for. I mean, this kid is not all roses BELIEVE ME but he is my only son and I would die for him. God knew EXACTLY what He was doing.

Sam has lots of nicknames. Sammy, Sam, luggage(you know, samsonite luggage?), Mr. Nicker (???- my sisters?), Sammy Boy, Samuleson, and my personal favorite...the one he gave himself: The Great Sambino! I just about peed my pants when I saw that self proclaimed nickname on his profile he made at school. Okay, so maybe I did pee. Don't judge me. I'm sure this nickname has nothing to do with his love for baseball, his rather large collection of baseball cards, or the fact that he watches "Sandlot" once a week. GOD I LOVE THIS KID!



Sammy is also a smart little fella. He's gifted. Being gifted sounds much cooler than it actually is. Remember the kid in school growing up that never paid attention in class, didn't complete any assignments, was constantly distracted and distracting others but got straight A's and you wanted to punch them? That's my son. Props to his 2nd grade teacher for being the first outsider to meet him and NOT tell me he has ADD. I will love her for the rest of my life.

By the way, Sammy like really kinda majorly loves me. He's a mama's boy, no doubt about it. He may have a hard time focusing on daily tasks, have a short fuse, be extremely stubborn, and inherited his dad's analytical "strength," but I'm pretty sure he would die for me too.


I will never get sick of hearing "you're the best mom in the world" or "I'll never let anything happen to you" come out of his mouth. He has a heart of gold when it comes to the people he loves. Just don't cross him because he kinda holds grudges.


I mean seriously, are those brown eyes kiling anyone else or is it just me!!???

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! Please dont judge me, but I seriously have tears in my eyes reading about how sweet this kid is! Your blessed with many people and gifts, and blogging is def. one of them! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) He is pretty special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy,
    I am loving your blog. Please try to blog twice a day if possible!!! Your kids are so sweet and you do such a wonderful job at writing about each of them!!

    ReplyDelete